Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What WAS She Thinking?

Little Miss prissed by today.  Down the hall I heard a teacher comment that her skirt was too short.  I looked.  It was.  I swear, some of these children don't have the sense God gave a chicken.  "My skirt ain't too short."  It was nowhere near the requisite "fingertip" length, it was about "wrist length." 

Ameliorate is not apparently in the vocabulary of a number of these students.  What part of "arguing with a teacher" is a good idea?  Why will a student LIE when all evidence is to the contrary? 

Little Miss continues to argue. I can see that the teacher is exasperated....I walk up and offer "Miss, it is not necessary to be disrespectful."  She denies that also.  I informed her that her mouth was NOT her friend.  I'm not sure if she had a clue what that meant but she said "Okay."  Because I have the time, I walk her over to the discipline office and a couple of boys hoot at her on the way and one asks her what is up.   She doesn't claim to know and the boy said "Your skirt is too short." I nod and she says "You don't need to be telling them my business."  I look at her and said, "Did I SAY anything?" and she starts mouthing off again.  I repeat that her mouth was NOT her friend.  She shut up again.

She at least had more sense than the other yahoo in the hall today.  The boy stood outside my classroom and SCREAMED at someone down the hall.  Kind of hard to teach with that noise whipping everyone's head around.  I stepped out and asked him to move along.  He continued hollering.  I asked him to hold it down.  He persisted. I told him he needed to go away and he told me that I was interrupting his conversation.  I asked for his ID and he took off.  I should have done that first.  It would have kept my blood pressure lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment